Are you required to acquire a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) through the federal System for Awards Management (SAM.GOV) portal?
This is a new step for grant recipients and subcontractors. PTAC wants to make sure you have the tools to acquire Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) properly. Please follow the steps listed in this post or contact one of our resource partners for assistance with your grant required UEI.
If you are a resource provider to small businesses and nonprofits in Washington State, we are available to train the trainer: Chambers, ADOs, government agencies, SCORE, SBDCs, WBCs, and other non-profits that provide no-cost support to entities seeking government-funded grants. If you previously assisted clients with getting DUNS #, you can support your clients getting a UEI.
This video provides instructions to get your UEI.
UEI Next Steps
If you do not have a SAM account you will need to do the following to get a UEI
- Go to SAM.GOV
- Select Sign In
- Select “Accept”
- You will be redirected to login.gov
- Create an account
- Once your account is set up, you will be redirected back to SAM.gov
- Once you are signed into SAM.GOV, select the green “Get Started”.
- For “Purpose of Registration” Select “Get a Unique Entity ID Only”
- Enter the name on your grant application
If you do not find a match, select the second button on the left, then the Verify Business Data near the bottom to create an incident
- LLC, Corps and Non-Profits
- Sole Proprietors or using a DBA
- Screen shot (including URL) of your UBI on DOR, select Look up a business
Things to Know:
- If you created an incident, communication will be visible only to the Federal Services Desk, FSD.gov.
- To see your incident sign in using the same login.gov account.
- You may or may not receive email notices as well.
- Additional documents may be used and can be found in this resource: EVS Documentation Checklist
- Less is more, minimum documentation to verify information
- This process is FREE
- Make sure you are using .gov sites and if you are unsure, contact PTAC
- You may be required to verify your identity in login.gov