Did you know the Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act applies to your business if you perform work around “navigable” waterways?
Do I need special insurance to work around navigable waterways? You will learn:
- Details of the Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act
- Why special insurance is needed for navigable waterways
- Consequences of not having the appropriate insurance coverage
- SBA contact information to confirm if your firm is subject to the Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act
- Where to find surety companies to purchase insurance policies
Click here Navigable Waters of the US chart:LHWCA WA Navigable Waters
Click here for slides: LHWCA 2023-9-13 – FINAL
Your instructor for this class is Terry Homburg, a retired federal Contracting Officer with 29 years of experience. He shares real life examples of what works and what does not work in government contracting.