NOTICE OF BID OPPORTUNITY POSTED ON June 24, 2021
Department of Enterprise Services
IT Cabling 05620
Competitive Solicitation Posting: June 24, 2021
Deadline for submitting Bids: August 6, 2021
Find the full solicitation on the Washington Electronic Business Solution (WEBS). If you are not registered in WEBS you will not receive any updates or amendments regarding this solicitation, which will disadvantage your bid.
Pre-Bid Conference: July 8, 2021 at 1:00-3:00 PM PST via zoom teleconferencing. Visit WEBS for Pre-bid meeting link
Project Location: Statewide, and in each of six (6) regions of the state.
Project Description: The Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (Enterprise Services) is issuing this Competitive Solicitation pursuant to RCW chapter 39.26. Pursuant to this Competitive Solicitation, Enterprise Services intends to conduct a competitive procurement to establish and award Master Contracts, by contract category and region as described below, for eligible purchasers to purchase information technology (IT) cabling goods and services for new and previously installed Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs) and other voice, data, or video systems.
For purposes of this Competitive Solicitation, IT cabling is defined as including outside aerial and underground cables and inside riser, distribution, and station cabling. Copper twisted pair, coaxial cable and fiber-optic cables and other types of low-voltage signaling cables installed within buildings or campus environments also are included in the scope of this Competitive Solicitation. This Competitive Solicitation is designed to result in multiple Contract awards, by category, as follows:
- Category 1 – Services and Installation: Multiple Master Contracts in each of six (6) regions of the state for each of two (2) subcategories of cabling services: (a) Inside Work; and (b) Outside Work.
- Category 2 – Fiber Optic, Copper Cable, & Related Equipment: Multiple statewide Master Contracts.
- 280-08-Appliance, Fixture, and Portable Cables and Wires (Up to 600V): Types S, SJ, SJO, SO, SPT, TF,TFF, etc.
- 280-16-Bare Cables and Wires: Type ACSR, Bare Copper, Bare Aluminum, etc.
- 280-24-Building Cables and Wires, Single and Multiconductor: Types NM, THWN, TW, THW, THHN, XHHW, RHW, RR, ROMEX, etc.,
- 280-28-Cathodic Cable (Protection),
- 280-29-Communications/Telecommunications Cable and Wire,
- 280-30-Control Cables and Wires, Solid and Stranded, Single and Multiconductor (Up to 600V, for use in Boiler Controls, Fire Alarms, Motors, etc.)
- 280-58-High Voltage Cables and Wires (601-15,000V), Solid and Stranded, Single and Multiconductor
- 280-62-Recycled Cable and Wire
- 280-70-Telephone Cables and Wires, Single and Multiconductor, Clad Steel and Copper
- 280-75-Ties and Anchors, Cable and Wiring
- 280-80-Underground Cables and Wires, Solid and Stranded, Single and Multiconductor, Aluminum and Copper: Types UF, URD, USE, XLP, etc.
- 280-90-Weatherproof Cables and Wires, Solid and Stranded, Single and Multiconductor, Aluminum and Copper: Types RR, WP, etc.
- 280-95-Wire and Cable (Not Otherwise Classified)
- 838-26-Cabinets for Data, Frames, Runway, Cable Management, Raceway, Wire Mesh or Basket Tray, Interduct (Telecom Closets)
- 838-28-Cable, Copper (Cat. SE 6 etc.) Including Interconnecting
Components and Accessories (See Class 280 for Other Communications Cable),
- 838-29-Cable, Fiber Optic w/Interconnecting Components and Accessories (See Class 280 for Other Communications Cable,
- 838-33-Communications: Networking, Linking, Fiber Modems, Power Over Ethernet, Wireless, 838-34 Communication Security Systems,
- 838-35-Communication Systems, Integrated (Includes Telephone, Clock, Intercom, etc.),
- 838-39-Consoles and Racks, Security,
- 838-45-Emergency Radio/Telephone Systems (411, 911 etc. Dispatch),
- 838-85-Telecommunication Parts and Accessories (Not Otherwise Classified),
- 838-96-Wire and Cable, Telecommunication (Not Otherwise Specified),
- 915-76-Telephone Services Includes Installation, Moves, Changes, Adds, Programming, Removal, Training, etc. (To Include Pay Telephones),
- 915-79-Telecommunication Services (Not Otherwise Classified),
- 915-97-Wiring Services, Data/Voice, 918-95-Telecommunications Consulting,
- 962-18-Cable Construction, Installation and Maintenance (Fiber Optic, Communication, Computer, etc.),
- 992-36-Boring, Drilling, Testing, and Soundings,
- 992-36-Core Sample (Not Concrete) Testing Services
Inclusion plan: None
Preference/priority points: Washington Small Business, Veteran Owned Business, and Executive Order 18-03.
Deadline for questions: July 29th: All questions or concerns regarding this solicitation must be submitted in writing to the Procurement Coordinator by July 29, 2021. The Procurement Coordinator is Kelli Carmony at DesContractsTeamCypress@des.wa.gov.
Solicitation Documents Available: Contract Documents, contacts and Bid instructions are available in WEBS https://pr-webs-vendor.des.wa.gov/
For more information on upcoming DES solicitations: DES Current and Future Bid Opportunities