NOTICE OF COMPETITIVE SOLICITATION
HCA Solicitation #2021HCA34
SOLICITATION TITLE: As-Need Convenience Contracts for Health Consulting Services
SOLICITATION POSTING DATE: 1/12/2022
RESPONSE DUE DATE: 2/25/2022
Find the full solicitation on Washington’s Electronic Business Solution (WEBS). Vendors not registered in WEBS will not receive updates or amendments to the solicitation, which may put them at a disadvantage.
Estimated Schedule of Procurement Activities
Issue Request for Proposals January 12, 2022
Letter of Intent to Propose Due January 21, 2022
Questions Due January 24, 2022 – 2:00PM
Answers Posted* January 28, 2022
Letter of Intent to Propose Due February 4, 2022
Complaints Due (if applicable) February 18, 2022
Proposals Due February 25, 2022 – 2:00PM
Evaluate Proposals* March 2, 2022 – March 23, 2022
Announce “Apparent Successful Bidder(s)” via WEBS* March 30, 2022
Debrief Request Deadline April 6, 2022
Begin Contract Negotiations April 2022
Contract Effective Date July 1, 2022
*Dates are anticipated and subject to change without an official amendment.
Purpose and Objectives
The Washington State Health Care Authority, hereafter called “HCA,” is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals from firms interested in providing as-needed consultants to provide health care consulting services in numerous areas of expertise.
HCA intends to announce ASB to multiple Bidders for each consulting service category to provide the services
described in this RFP.
The objective of the contract(s) is to deliver as-needed services to HCA in the following roles of health
consulting: 1) Strategic Planning; 2) Partnerships and Coalitions; 3) Development, Evaluation and Assessment
of Health Programs; 4) Health Care Information Technology; and 5) Delivery System Reform.
The following are the minimum qualifications for Bidders. Bidder’s proposal must detail how they meet the
following minimum qualifications and respond in the format that identifies subsection numbers:
- Licensed to do business in the state of Washington or provide a commitment that it will become licensed in Washington within 30 calendar days of being selected as the Apparent Successful
- Five (5) years’ experience performing responsibilities for each category the Bidder submits a proposal.
- Five (5) years’ experience with the health care industry, with one or more project(s) relevant to the category for which the Bidder is submitting a proposal.
- Five (5) years’ experience on one or more project(s) with government partners (Municipal, county, state, federal, etc.)
- Five (5) years’ experience successfully managing large complex projects involving multiple business/program partners, cross agency/enterprise wide.
WEBS Commodity Codes:
958-16 – Business Management Services
958-56 – Health Care Management Services
958-61 – Insurance and Risk Management Services
918-75 – Management Consulting
918-78 – Medical Consulting
918-90 – Strategic Technology Planning and Consulting Services
Submit any questions or concerns regarding this solicitation to the Solicitation Coordinator shown above.